The Bossey Ecumenical Institute Study Program is a partnership between the World Federation and the Women’s Division of the United Methodist Church, USA who provides the grant. The Bossey Students are selected by the World Federation.
Bossey Student Grants
A partnership between the World Federation and the Women’s Division of the United Methodist Church
This grant is made available to students who are:
- selected by the relevant Area Officers from Unit nominations,
- approved by the World Officers,
- nominated by the World Officers to the Women’s Division,
- approved by the Women’s Division.
This is a Unit and Area generated process. If no applications are received the relevant Area President and World Officers will invite suitable persons to apply. Only one application will be accepted per Unit.
There is an annual rotation of nominating Areas so that two Areas will have an opportunity each year for nominating a Bossey student. The North America Area is excluded from this program, as the Bossey Study Program Grant is sponsored by the United Methodist Women, Women’s Division, USA.
First preference for Bossey Students will be given to women who:
- Are forty years old and under, with some training and cross-cultural experience;
- Have knowledge of a second language;
- Are active in Church work;
- Able to use this training for Church work;
- Are laywomen;
- Have not had previous international experiences;
- Will benefit from the course of study that shall be relevant to their career or circumstances.