The official Motto for Earth Day in the year 2023 is as
“Invest in our planet.”
International Mother Earth Day aims to raise
awareness throughout the world about the need to
protect the environment and the conservation of
biodiversity. Its objective is to curb overpopulation, pollution and the responsible use of natural
On April 22, 2023, many countries will carry out awareness-raising activities such as conferences,
tree planting, walks and activities related to ecology. It is a day dedicated to our planet and to
recognizing the Earth as our home, as our mother.
The good news is that this change in mentality depends on us. We do not have to wait for “April
22” to do things in favor of our planet. We just have to change our bad habits. It is not necessary
to consume resources in excess, not to waste energy or generate unnecessary waste. The best
inheritance that we can leave our children is love, knowledge and a habitable planet.
“The earth does not belong to man, it is man who belongs to the earth.”
“The Earth is not an inheritance from our parents, but a loan from our children.”
Note: This year’s theme is a continuation of the successful campaign started in 2022.
Earth Day is a commemorative and celebrated day in many countries. Its promoter, US Senator
Gaylord Nelson, established this day in 1970. He wanted to create a common awareness of
pollution problems, biodiversity conservation and other environmental concerns. In short…
protect the Earth.
The United Nations recognizes that the Earth and its ecosystems are the home of humanity.
To achieve a fair balance between the economic, social and environmental needs of present and
future generations, it is necessary to promote harmony with nature and the Earth. This is why they
decided to designate April 22 as “International Mother Earth Day.”
Ideas to celebrate Earth Day
• Remember the “three R’s”: Recycle, Reuse and Reduce consumption.
• Change incandescent lamps for low consumption ones.
• Promote renewable energy and reduce the use of fossil energy.
• It’s a good day to plant a tree.
• Play with the children in the street and teach them the importance of taking care of the
• Eat less meat and ultra-processed products. You will also improve your health.
Carry out a social cleaning of the abandoned places in our environment.
• Stop using plastic bags and use reusable cloth bags.
• Use the bicycle and public transport.
• Practice sports outdoors and in contact with nature.
• To know the land is to love it.
God bless you
IVONNE PEREIRA DIAZ
World Vice President 2022-2026
Talcahuano, Chile 10 abril, 2023