Focus on West Africa
‘Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.’ (Philippians 4:6 NRSV)
Loving God, we come to you in prayer alongside our sisters in West Africa. May their thanksgiving be our cause for joy and their petitions prompt us to intercede for them. Amen
We thank Area President Rev Jemima Amanor from Ghana for her suggestions for prayer.
- We thank the Lord for His healing hands on Matilda Johnson, the World V-President.
- Thanks be to God for the positive aspect of this pandemic. People are getting closer to God and beginning to love Him and take Him by His Word. There are more people participating in virtual prayer meetings and Church services.
- Thanking God for saving the lives of over 40 Methodist Church members in Enugu, Nigeria when a truck ran into the Church building whilst they were worshipping. No life was lost.
- Thank God for keeping all Federation members alive and safe in His arms. Even though some got sick, they are well.
- God to continue to keep us safe from the Corona virus disease and make us healthier.
- For God to build up the economy of private businesses and that of all countries within West Africa Area and the entire Africa.
- According to the Unit President of Nigeria, Mrs Florence Uche, there is an ‘evil wind’ blowing against Methodist Church Nigeria. They have been losing members mysteriously, both the clergy and the laity. The Lord should cancel the effects of that wind and remove the spirit of death from among the members.
- The Lord should bring peace, unity and love among members of Methodist Churches within West Africa.
- For God to bless the work of the Church and all programmes and activities planned for 2020, especially the Annual Conferences in the various countries.
- Pray for God to bless the businesses of all women in our countries and replenish their lost resources. God to provide jobs for those who have lost their employment through the COVID – 19 pandemic.
- Pray for God to flatten the incidence curve of the COVID – 19 and stop the deaths.
- For students to get back to their studies safely. Most of them don’t have access to the internet and therefore are not able to take part in the virtual learning. Meanwhile some will be writing their final examinations within the next 3 months.
- For God to let all rape and kidnapping cases cease.
- For God to stop the deaths among Ministers of the Gospel.